2017 Wedding Trends What’s in From Flowers to Invitations
By Jodi Harris
If you are planning a wedding this year, you may be a little overwhelmed with so many decisions you must make in a short period of time. We have gathered some useful information from two local wedding vendors; Ali’s Weeds, Floral & Gift Boutique, and Weddings by Carue, to give you an overview of the wedding trends for 2017.
Alison Irvin, owner of Ali’s Weeds, says the big floral trend for 2017 is greenery. This is a spring green hue. It is fresh and natural and can be incorporated in several ways. Flowers and greenery, fabrics, bridesmaid dresses, and accents are popular ways to incorporate this color. A mix of greenery is becoming very popular and is being used throughout weddings and receptions as table runners, “dotted” around cake or dessert tables and of course in actual bouquets.
Irvin says, “For example, we recently designed a ballroom reception using a mix of large leaves, seeded eucalyptus, and other greens placed down the center of banquet tables. This was a beautiful, natural, and long-lasting centerpiece. We then used candle holders in various shades of metals. This is a very big trend as well. Mixed metals in gold, silver, brass, and rose gold, and also matte metals. We are seeing this in lanterns, candle holders, and even spraying leaves metallic. Brides and grooms are also very interested in locally grown flowers and plants. Being environmentally savvy and using natural props are important to them. We take pride in growing some of our own flowers, greenery, and branches. We also have an expert horticulturist on staff to help couples choose the right floral combinations for their individual wedding. We rent our garden and gazebo for weddings and events so that the garden itself can be a beautiful backdrop.
• Rustic weddings are still popular along with modern, sophisticated, and romantic looks.
• Strong hues are on the horizon with a big European influence. Burgundy, reds, hot pinks, along with dusty blue/grays are showing up in bridal bouquets.
Whatever your look, we strive to cater to each bride and groom. We want them to feel that their personality and their special day is catered to suit them.
Visit Weeds Floral & Gift Boutique at our new location at 524 10th Street in Marion, or just stop by and browse our variety of unique gifts. We would love to see you and help with your wedding or any occasion or event.
Floral and Gift Boutique, Marion, IA
Say “I Do” with Carue! Carissa Kruse, owner of Weddings by Carue, provided this information about what she is seeing as popular trends this year;
• Couples are doing what we call a Send and Seal, which does not require an envelope and has a tear off RSVP postcard. It is a tri-fold.
• RSVP Postcards have become a popular option over an RSVP with an envelope, because you only need a postcard stamp.
• Tri-Folds have also become a popular option to keep all the information in one place.
• Greenery is color of the year, so we are seeing many brides using this color.
Photography and Cinematography
• More and more couples are requesting digital files instead of albums and prints.
• Cinematography has been more popular because it enables the couple to relive the day.
• Couples are adding Cinematography and doing a single photographer to make both affordable options.
• These have been super popular and a great option to add to a wedding. Some couples are using them as their wedding favors for the guests.
• They receive a scrapbook as a memorable keepsake.
• The guests get photo strips to take home.
Couples are looking to bundle services with vendors, so they do not have to worry about having so many different vendors to keep in communication with. Weddings By Carue can take care of your invitations, photography, photo booths, cinematography and hair and makeup for the bride or the entire wedding party.
If you are planning a wedding this year or in the future, shop local. Find a vendor you love in the corridor area and support our community.
Say “I Do” with Carue!
By Appointment Only
Carissa Kruse, Owner